Monday, 27 August, 2007, 01:52 - Medal of HonorTurns out we can use the sniper rifle in the MOH Airborne demo with a little bit of 'tweaking'.
Thanks to TOG|303 for bringing this to my attention. Found - here -
Here's what you have to do.
• enable console
• use the ghost command to get to where the sniper rifle is located then get back to the action
1) Right-click the Airborne Demo desktop icon, select Properties
If you don't have a desktop icon then go to the demo install and create a shortcut ie. right click MOHADemo.exe - Send To - Desktop (create shortcut)
default location is...
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Medal of Honor Airborne Demo\UnrealEngine3\Binaries
2) Go to the Shortcut tab, look for the Target: line.
3) the line will end with: \MOHADemo.exe" (including the " mark). Add a single space after the " , then type in: -enableconsole
4) The line should now look something like this (first part may be different depending on where you installed it): "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Medal of Honor Airborne Demo\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\MOHADemo.exe" -enableconsole
5) Click Apply, the OK.
6) Start the demo.
7) Once in gameplay, press the tilde key ( ~ ) to bring up the console.
8) Upon landing, use the ghost command in the console (press tilde (~), type ghost, press ENTER) and goto the area where the demo ends. Follow the road till you come to the dead end with the barbwire and in the building right beside it, there is aMG42 in the window of the first floor, you can go up the stairs and find a Springfield sniper rifle laying on the floor with a beam of light shining down upon it. Go back to the action and use the ghost command again to take part in the game.
I recommend going to the roof tops to test the sniper rifle :)
note: press your jump key to hold your breath to stabilise the rifle.
This is now my favourite sniper rifle! Before this, the one from FarCry was my favourite. I love the scope and zoom action and the non-toggle aim setup. I do however think the damage is too high. For singleplayer this is ok but it will be terrible in multiplayer. I was getting kills when I deliberately shot legs.
Only time will tell us how it will be in the multiplayer!
-you can enable an FPS counter by entering the console and typing stat fps
-to turn off simply type it in again