Thursday, 7 February, 2008, 05:22 - ET: QUAKE WarsMany have been waiting for this, and with the features it will have, it looks to be well worth the wait!
• added cvar-based limits for classes, weapons, deployables, and mines.
• Added ability to permanently enable XP unlocks such as Faster Sprint, Grenade Launcher, Reduced Weapon Spread, Extra Clip, and Scoped Assault Rifle.
• Added pause functionality: Teams can call time-outs, and Admins can pause and unpause the game.
• Added ability to scale pitch and yaw values for every vehicle to fully customize mouse sensitivity.
• Added setSpawnPoint command with several options to allow keybinds for selecting spawn points.
• Reduced Radar range.
• Added map-specific changes across the board to improve gameplay for competition (including number of vehicles).
• Added various Spectator improvements:
-Names displayed above player's heads.
-Time remaining on planted charges.
-Pressing use while looking at a player spectates that player.
-New "spectate" console command to switch spectator players, jump to players currently constructing the objective, or jump to a preset angle and position on the map.
More details - here -
The beta version will installed asap for testing followed by the final version when released ;p