[D3] patch v1.3.1 released
Wednesday, 7 February, 2007, 05:03 - Doom
Details - here
Fri Feb 2 14:59:44 CST 2007
Doom 3(TM) 1.3.1
We've posted a Doom 3 update (version 1.3.1) to ftp and torrent. You will find a detailed list of changes below.
There is nothing major in this update, but we had accumulated various fixes and improvements over recent months
and we felt it was worth putting a new release out. We've been testing the game under Vista, and we're also
bringing back cross-platform multiplayer compatibility with the Mac (the installer was contributed by Aspyr).
A few notes about Vista:
We've tested Doom 3 and Quake 4 to run fine on Windows Vista, provided you have an OpenGL ICD installed
(provided by your GPU vendor). Both NVidia and AMD/ATI have released an OpenGL ICD in their latest driver line.
If no OpenGL ICD is present, the default OpenGL driver is a wrapper to D3D provided by Microsoft, which lacks the
necessary features to run id games with their full performance and graphical impact.
The install CDs (and DVDs) for Doom 3 and Quake 4 will install the game fine under Vista. The Quake 4 installer
may require you to install Flash Player first, and Vista may pop occasional warning windows but in the end
you will get a working installation.
Fixes and updates in 1.3.1:
- Tested and improved Vista compatibility
- Fix a potential crash in physics
- Fix an issue with pak downloaded being immediately appended without filesystem restart
- Fixes to DNS lookup, reduced the stalls
- Updated the code to gcc 4.0 compliance, for Mac OSX universal binaries and GNU/Linux x86 binaries
- Threading implementation for Mac and Linux is more compliant with the Win32 behaviours
- Fix Alsa sound backend (Linux)
- Fixes to tty code (Linux)
Fixes for modding/SDK:
- Fix RevBitFieldSwap issue (affected only big endian platforms)
- Fix ReadBindFromSnapshot
- Verbose overflow check in idBitMsg::WriteBits and apply related fixes
- Fix a GetFileList issue
- Expose key states and button states to the game
- Pass lastPredictFrame to the game (client prediction)
- Pass HandleMainMenuCommands to the game
- Pass the GUID to the game (in ClientConnect call)
- Allow game to override gui load menu
• this patch also changes server protocol so client MUST equal server version to join. If you patch your client you will NOT be able to join v1.3 servers.
• this will patch ANY current Doom 3 version to v1.3.1
The nedDOOM3 mod server will be running with this latest patch soon.